Recycling & Clean Up Announcements
Maplewood Spring Clean Up Maplewood Spring Clean Up
Saturday, April 22, 2017
8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Aldrich Arena (1850 White Bear Ave)
Items Accepted: Miscellaneous junk, construction debris, bulky metals, tires, appliances, electronics, furniture (including mattresses), carpet, bicycles, car seats, and other assorted items for free or a small fee (see fee schedule below). Payment can be made via cash or check. Prices are listed by load and items one the right side of this page.
Items accepted for free for free during the event include the following.
- Household Hazardous Waste: Ramsey County will be collecting household hazardous waste (HHW) like paint, chemicals, oil, and other household items free of charge at the event. For more information on items collected and additional HHW hours and drop off sites visit RamseyAtoZ.com.
- Small Engines- Lawn mowers, snow throwers, door blowers, etc., all engines accepted- any condition.
- Furniture Which Can Be Reused: Furniture and household items that can be reused will be accepted by Disabled Americans Veterans (www.davmn.org)
- Carpet: Dry carpet and foam padding (max 6 -ft wide roll) will be accepted by Bro-Tex.
- Unwanted Medicine: Residents can dispose of medicine for free at the event. The Maplewood Police Department will be in attendance to collect items such as pills, capsules, gel packs, IVs, inhalers, creams, and other items. Used needles, syringes, or lancets will not be accepted at the event but can be disposed of at the Ramsey County Sheriff’s year-round drop off site. For a complete list of medicine accepted and information on the drop off sites visit RamseyAtoZ.com.
- Paper Shredding: Protect your identity and credit by shredding private documents. Residents can bring sensitive documents (old bank accounts, credit card statements, old medical records, etc.) and have the documents shredded for free. Paper shredding will be from 8 A.M. to noon .
- Second Harvest Heartland Food Drive: Residents are encouraged to make a nonperishable food or cash donation at the entry gate to the event. These donations support Second Harvest Heartland, a local food shelf (www.2harvest.org).
Items Not Accepted: Leaves, branches, and other yard waste will not be accepted at the event. Please contact Republic Services, the City’s contracted trash and yard waste hauler, at 651.455.8634 to set up yard waste service or dispose yard waste at one of Ramsey County’s yard waste sites (RamseyAtoZ.com).