Window / Exterior Door

A building permit is required when replacing, altering or changing windows and/or doors. Exception: a building permit is not required if only replacing or changing sash. Safety glazing requirements must be considered in all cases.

If a contractor is replacing the windows, the city requires the contractor to be licensed with either the state or the City of Maplewood.

Documentation required when applying for a window/exterior door permit: