Information Technology (IT)
To provide the most effective information technology services and support possible to the City of Maplewood staff and citizens.
- Continue to increase documentation of IT systems.
- Continue to implement mobile technologies to increase staff efficiency.
- Evaluate Planning/Permitting software applications for 2016 implementation.
- Assist in implementing asset management application.
- Continue documentation of IT policies & procedures.
- Improve helpdesk responsiveness.
- Improve support of City applications.
- Continue to work with staff in taking full advantage of our document management system.
- Evaluate and adjust as necessary our cost allocation process.
- Explore new revenue streams.
- Continue to explore working with other agencies to realize increased efficiencies.
- Provide Better Services to Residents
- Promote increased citizen participation in government
- Enhance staff productivity
Mychal FowldsDirectorPhone: (651) 249-2923
Mychal Fowlds has worked in local government since 2002 when he was hired by the City of Maplewood as an IT Technician. Since that time he has held the position of Network/Systems Analyst and currently is the Information Technology Director for the City of Maplewood. Mychal holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Management Information Systems from the University of Minnesota.
Chad BergoGIS Analyst