What can you do at Maplewood Nature Center?
A popular spot for hikers, families, and all kinds of groups, Maplewood Nature Center is the gateway to, and one of, 14 Neighborhood Preserves. Here, you will find a Visitor Center with live snakes and salamanders, and 1.5 miles of hiking trails that wind through wetlands and woods. Visitor amenities include interactive exhibits, both indoor and out, trail kiosk, picnic area and nature play yard, wildflower demonstration gardens including rain gardens, and more.
Maplewood Nature Center offers public Programs and Events. Have a question for our Staff? Ask it Here.
Special Family Nature Event!
(FOR ALL AGES)
AT MAPLEWOOD NATURE CENTER,
2659 7TH ST. E., MAPLEWOOD, MN
THURSDAY, JUNE 15, 10:30AM -12:30PM
Hey, school’s out!
- Kick off summer vacation at our Turtle Picnic!
- Bring the kids over to meet some cool live turtles native to Minnesota habitats.
- Interact with snapping turtles, painted turtles and more! Turtles brought to you by Emily of Snake Discovery.
- Pretend to be a turtle and make a turtle craft. (Bring an unmatched sock to make a turtle puppet).
- Bring your own picnic for playtime in the nature play yard. Enjoy DQ’s Turtle ice cream cake for desert!!
Turtle Picnic Flyer
Trail Hours at the Nature Center & Preserves
Open 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset every day of the year
Things you can do at the nature center include
- Attend a program/Bring your class
- Have a birthday party
- Learn about the Environment
- Rain gardens
- Self-guiding activities
Resources and Links
The Nature Center participates in Sustainability Projects for the City of Maplewood, including Sustainable Maplewood Project 2050, the Environmental Insert for the city's newsletter and Maplewood's City Staff 'Green Team,' and assists with portions of the city’s Tree Program