To Schedule your group
Call Ann Hutchinson, Lead Naturalist, at 651-249-2172 to sign up to reserve the time and learn more details. Got a special program in mind that you don’t see listed here, or an adult group that wants a program? You may also fill out our online form.
The nature center is a fun, interactive place to bring your preschoolers! Choose from a variety of seasonally appropriate topics (see brochure). Groups of up to 50 may call to schedule a time to visit. Puppet shows are very popular!
Recommended Length of Stay
- Plan one hour and 15 additional minutes for each program.
- Program time includes a few minutes to visit the touch and see room.
- Consider adding 15 minutes to explore the Children's Nature Play Yard.
- Most programs are designed for groups of up to 20 preschool children.
- Puppet Shows and live animal presentations are appropriate for larger groups.
- Adult/child ratio of 1:2 is recommended for two year old groups and 1:8 is recommended for 3 - 5 year old groups.
- Additional adults are welcome.
- Naturalist program with hike $4 per child
- Minimum group fee: $20 - for groups of up to 5 children
- Puppet Show and self-guided bingo hike: $3/child
- Additional children over total of 10: $3 per child
- No charge for chaperones
- Outreach fee: $100 per show, $30 for each consecutive show