2016 Plots at Edgerton Community Garden
The City stakes the plots, and provides a water tank. Renters agree to plant, maintain, and harvest their plots using organic (chemical-free) methods. This garden consists of 44 individual plots (PDF) (12' x 15' each). Fee: $25/plot
for the entire 2016 season: Friday, April 29th- Weds, October 21st, 2016.
Returning Gardener registration begins Weds, Feb 17th, 2016
New Gardener registration begins Weds, March 9th, 2016
Register ONLINE or call the Nature Center at 651-249-2170 for help with online registration, or if you would like to arrange in-person registration.
Community Garden Open House: Open to the Public: Friday, April 29th, 2016 4:30PM-6:30PM
Community Garden Questions: Call Coordinator Oakley Biesanz 651-249-2173
Corner of Roselawn and Edgerton in Maplewood, north of Edgerton Elementary. View a map to this garden and other community gardens in the area.
This handout highlights research-based gardening tips for building your soil and controlling pests and weeds organically. This handout was put together by Jeffrey Gillman, from his presentation for the Community Gardens of Maplewood and North St Paul. Jeffrey Gillman is an author, associate professor, and researcher at the University of MN in Horticultural Sciences. The translations below are provided by local volunteers.
- City of Maplewood Local Foods: a guide for more flavor, better health, and a stronger community!
- Ramsey County Master Gardeners are there to help you learn more about gardening! Ask a Master Gardener--Call 651-704-2071 for unbiased garden answers, go to their plant diagnostic clinics, or visit them at some farmers markets.
- Gardening Matters is a nonprofit dedicated to promoting and preserving community gardening across the Twin Cities by connecting gardeners to each other and to the communities in which they reside.
- Free compost available for Ramsey County residents (and wood chips) for gardening from Ramsey County Compost Sites check the individual websites for details about hours and availability
- Saint Paul Farmers Markets include locations in lots of locations including Maplewood for your locally grown fresh food and flowers.
- ISD 622 Community Education Gardens at Cowern School, Harmony School, Carver School, 651-748-7437.
- Harvest Gardens Coordinated by First Evangelical Free Church. Voice mailbox: 651 288-1082.