The Finance Department supports all other departments by providing financial, accounting and treasury services. There are three documents prepared by the Finance Department for the benefit of Maplewood citizens as well as other interested parties including the State Auditors Office and bond rating agencies.
These three documents are:
Other responsibilities of the Finance Department include:
- Assists in issuance of bonds to meet capital project needs
- Banking relations
- Calculation of local tax levy
- Debt service analysis
- Periodic and annual reporting of operations
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable/Billing
- Fixed assets
- Protection of city financial assets
- Cash management to meet long-term and short-term needs
- Investment of funds
- Risk management
Moody’s Investor Service has assigned the City of Maplewood an Aa1 bond rating.