This Intoxicating Liquor Off-Sale license is for the sale of liquor in original packages in retail stores for consumption off or away from the premises where sold.
For City Code requirements contact the City Clerk’s office.
You must submit the following:
- Application from the City of Maplewood for an Intoxicating Liquor License.
- Supplemental Form from the City of Maplewood to be completed by each owner/partner and establishment manager.
- Personal Financial Statement to be completed by each owner/partner.
- Affidavit from each owner/partner and establishment manager stating that he/she has no other liquor interest in the City of Maplewood.
- Application from the MN Department of Public Safety (AGED) for an Off-Sale Intoxicating Liquor License.
- Application from the MN Dept of Public Safety (AGED) for a Retailer's (Buyer's)Card.
- An investigation fee not to exceed $500.00 shall be charged an applicant by the city if the investigation is conducted within the state, or the actual cost not to exceed $10,000.00 if the investigation is required outside the state. The police chief will meet with the applicant to discuss measures to eliminate the sale of alcohol to underage persons, general security, retail crime issues and the city ordinances.
- Once the background investigation is completed the license will go before the Council for approval at one of their regularly scheduled meetings. An owner/partner representing the business will need to attend the meeting.
- Certificate of Liability insurance with the City of Maplewood named as the certificate holder with a ten-day cancellation clause in at least the following amounts in effect for the license period:
- $50,000 of coverage because of bodily injury to any per person in any one occurrence,
- $100,000 because of bodily injury to two or more persons in any one occurrence,
- $10,000 because of injury to or destruction of property of others in any one occurrence,
- $50,000 for loss of means of support of any one person in any once occurrence,
- $100,000 for loss of means of support of two or more persons in any one occurrence,
- $50,000 for other pecuniary loss of any one person in any one occurrence and
- $100,000 for other pecuniary loss of two or more persons in any one occurrence.
- Certificate of Workers Compensation Insurance or if not required to have worker's compensation liability coverage per MN State Statute 176.041, a signed notarized statement to that effect.
The annual Intoxicating Liquor Off-Sale License expires December 31st of each year and may be renewed at that time.