This Intoxicating Liquor Off-Sale license is for the sale of liquor in original packages in retail stores for consumption off or away from the premises where sold.
For City Code requirements contact the City Clerk’s office.
You must submit the following:
- Application from the City of Maplewood for an Intoxicating Liquor License.
- Supplemental Form from the City of Maplewood to be completed by each owner/partner and establishment manager.
- Personal Financial Statement to be completed by each owner/partner.
- Affidavit from each owner/partner and establishment manager stating that he/she has no other liquor interest in the City of Maplewood.
- Application from the MN Department of Public Safety (AGED) for an Off-Sale Intoxicating Liquor License.
- Application from the MN Dept of Public Safety (AGED) for a Retailer's (Buyer's) Card.
- Certificate of Insurance, showing the City of Maplewood as the certificate holder in the following amounts covering the calendar year:
- $50,000 per person
- $100,000 more than one person
- $10,000 property destruction
- $50,000 and $100,000 for loss of means of supports.
- Certificate of Workers Compensation Insurance
- An investigation fee not to exceed $500.00 shall be charged an applicant by the city if the investigation is conducted within the state, or the actual cost not to exceed $10,000.00 if the investigation is required outside the state. Please submit $500.00 with the application and the city will notify you of any additional charges.
Other Applications You May Need
The annual Intoxicating Liquor Off-Sale License expires December 31st of each year and may be renewed at that time.