This license is for the sale of liquor for consumption on the premises where sold. A Food Establishment License is required in conjunction with all Liquor - On Sale Licenses.
For City Code requirements contact the City Clerk’s office.
You must submit the following:
- Application from the City of Maplewood for an Intoxicating Liquor License.
- Supplement From from City of Maplewood to be completed by each owner/partner and establshment manager.
- Personal Financial Statement to be completed by each owner/partner.
- Affidavit from each owner/partner and establishmetn manager stating that he/she has no other liquor interest in the City of Maplewood.
- Application from the City of Maplewood for a Food Establishment License.
- Certification Form from the MN Dept of Public Safety (AGED).
- Application from the MN Dept of Public Safety (AFED) for a Retailer's (Buyer's) Card.
- Application from the MN Dept of Public Safety (AGED) for Optional 2 AM Liquor License, if applicable.
- A Certificate of Liability Insurance, showing the City of Maplewood as the certificate holder in the following amounts covering the entire license period:
- $50,000 per person
- $100,000 more than one person
- $10,000 property destruction
- $50,000 and $100,000 for loss of means of supports
- A Certificate of Workers Compensation Insurance.
- An investigation fee not to exceed $500.00 shall be charged an applicant by the city if the investigation is conducted within the state, or the actual cost not to exceed $10,000.00 if the investigation is required outside the state. Please submit $500.00 with the application and the city will notify you of any additional charges.
Other Applications/Information You May Need
The annual Intoxicating Liquor License expires December 31st of each year and may be renewed at that time.