This license is for the sale of wine by the glass not exceeding 14 percent alcohol by volume for consumption on the licensed premises where sold. A Food Establishment License is required in conjunction with all On Sale Wine Licenses.
For City Code requirements contact the City Clerk’s office.
You must submit the following:
- Application from the City of Maplewood for an Intoxicating Liquor License.
- Suppliment Form from the City of Maplewood completed by each owner/manager and establishment manager.
- Personal Financial Statement completed by each owner/manager.
- Affidavit from from the City of Maplewood completed by each owner/partner and establishment manager stating that they has no other liquor interest in the City of Maplewood.
- Application from the City of Maplewood for a Food Establishment License.
- Application from the MN Dept of Public Safety (AGED) for a County/Wine On-Sale License.
- Certification Form from the MN Dept of Public Safety for an On-Sale Wine License.
- Application from the MN Dept of Public Safety for a Retailer's (Buyer's) Card.
- Application from the MN Dept of Public Safety for an Optional 2 AM Liquor License, if appicable.
- Certificate of Insurance, showing the City of Maplewood as the certificate holder in the following amounts covering the calendar year:
- $50,000 per person
- $100,000 more than one person
- $10,000 property destruction
- $50,000 and $100,000 for loss of means of supports.
- Certificate of Workers Compensation Insurance
- An investigation fee not to exceed $500.00 shall be charged an applicant by the city if the investigation is conducted within the state, or the actual cost not to exceed $10,000.00 if the investigation is required outside the state. Please submit $500.00 with the application and the city will notify you of any additional charges.
Other Applications You May Need
The annual Wine On-Sale Liquor License expires December 31st of each year and may be renewed at that time.